The Trust Company was founded on October 1, 1992 in Manhattan, Kansas. A small group of local investors formed an independent, state-chartered, fee-only trust company to provide professional capital management and fiduciary services.
Our history actually goes back even farther, to 1927, when First National Bank of Manhattan began offering trust services. The Trust Company acquired the bank’s trust and fiduciary services in 1992.
We have offices in Manhattan; Columbia, Missouri; Lawrence, Kansas; Marysville, Kansas and the Dallas area. Our team includes:
- Licensed attorneys
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals
- Certified Retirement Counselors®
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisors
- Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited Fiduciary Investment Managers™
- National Association of Plan Advisors members
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultants
We currently manage client portfolios valued at over $1 billion.