By The Trust Company on March 18, 2020
In keeping with The Trust Company’s mission, “to preserve and enhance your peace of mind,” we want to provide assurance that our top priority is not only your health and safety, but also managing your wealth with the heightened vigilance current markets demand. As such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our most valuable assets—the employees we count on to ensure seamless business operations, and the clients we serve.
Personal & Organizational Safety.
Several of the measures we are taking include:
- Staying abreast of public health updates and recommendations through reliable sources such as the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and local and state officials.
- Encouraging client meetings by phone or video conference. We have many options available to stay in contact to whatever extent our clients desire.
- Preparing all employees to work remotely through secure VPN technology. Officers, advisors and key staff have been equipped to work from home for quite some time, so you won’t notice any difference.
- Ensuring continuity of communications between staff and between offices, in the event of significant disruption.
- Limiting the size of meetings within our offices, as well as visitors from outside.
- Increasing sanitation measures in all our offices. Cleaning contractors have stepped up disinfection procedures and are spending additional time on premises, while employees are taking extra care to wash hands, clean work areas and self-isolate in the event of their own illness or contact with others who may be ill.
Investment Process and Strategies.
While we are experiencing an unprecedented public health situation, The Trust Company is confident in our ability to take care of each other, remain steadfast to our principles, and maintain the discipline of our tried-and-true investment process.
Our Investment Committee, along with our team of experienced Client Advisors, is diligently analyzing, discussing, and even debating both macro and micro-economic issues, and our strategic investment decisions and responses, focusing primarily on our rebalancing process and redeploying some larger cash allocations.
Year-to-date, we have rebalanced portfolios three (3) times – in mid-January, at the end of February, and the 2nd week of March. We also anticipate executing another rebalancing process in the coming days. This rebalancing process has the effect of selling portions of holdings that are over-allocated (expensive) and buying holdings that are under-allocated (inexpensive), both on a relative basis. Crisis history tells us that in markets like this, holding on to equity positions, and adding to them during declines, is the very best way to build and retain long-term wealth.
We thank you for your continued partnership and send our most sincere wish to “stay safe!” Please do not hesitate to call us at 800-285-7878 if you have any questions or concerns.